SUSANVILLE INDIAN RANCHERIA – LASSEN INDIAN HEALTH CENTER
Date of Announcement: March 20, 2017
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
Salary: $146,574.62 – $161,790.95/yr DOE
Hours: FULL TIME
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Physician is responsible for direct medical care of patients, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, and implementing therapeutic measures.
1. Utilizes knowledge and skill in taking medical histories, performing appropriate plans and therapies (including referrals for consultations) and providing medical follow-up.
2. Provides comprehensive medical care to all age groups.
3. Reviews clinical records and evaluates medical care provided by consultants and staff. Recommends changes and improvements when indicated.
4. Reviews laboratory and consultants’ reports and initiates any indicated follow-up.
5. Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating policies, procedures, protocols and other business items as requested for the clinic to ensure high quality, cost-effective medical care.
6. Participates in staff meetings, case conferences, and committee meetings.
7. Obtains appropriate consults when problems presented are outside scope of practice or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of the patient’s care.
8. Communicates effectively with the patient including appropriate patient education, answering questions, and history taking.
9. Demonstrates competent knowledge in delivering health care to patients through peer review as established through policies and procedures and Quality Improvement Program.
10. Cooperates with medical staff in ensuring after hours coverage for the clinic patients.
11. Complies with other facility regulations if providing inpatient or nursing home care and represents LIHC in other facilities in a professional manner at all times.
12. Supports and contributes in a positive manner to clinic efforts in order to maintain and improve patient satisfaction in all aspects of health delivery.
13. Works at maximum potential to meet productivity requirements in order to improve fiscal viability while maintaining quality medical care.
14. Responsible for maintaining credentials by keeping all required licenses current, including but not limited to, California Medical License, DEA licenses, CME hours, CPR Certifications and any other. It is the responsibility of the Provider to give Human Resources current credentials before old credentials expire.
15. Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among all staff of LIHC.
16. Enforces clinic policies and procedures to ensure that the principles of LIHC are implemented.
17. Attend LIHC staff and organization meetings as requested.
18. Participates in customer service related issues. Adheres to customer service values created by LIHC.
19. Assists in the review of the Medical Policy and Procedure Manual annually.
20. Contributes to team effort by participating in the Susanville Indian Rancheria’s facility wide program improvements, goals, and standards.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Completion of a nationally accredited school of medicine for Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program – preferred.
2. Current unrestricted California Licensure to practice medicine.
3. Board Certification or eligibility for Certification by the American Board of Family Practice – preferred.
4. Must have completed Medical Residency in the United States, Canada, or United Kingdom – preferred.
5. Directly related experience in clinic management and medical practice.
6. Ability to work with other health professionals and paraprofessionals in a team approach to provide comprehensive health care.
7. Possess valid drivers license with no more than 5 MVR points and insurable as determined by the Susanville Indian Rancheria insurance provider.
8. Current DEA.
9. Maintain BLS/ACLS Certification.
10. Ability to pass background check.
Preference will be given to Native Americans (42 CFR 36.211).
Applications can be picked up and dropped off at the Susanville Indian Rancheria Human Resources Department/ Tribal Office located at 745 Joaquin Street Susanville, Ca. 96130.