SUSANVILLE INDIAN RANCHERIA – LASSEN INDIAN HEALTH CENTER
Position: Mid Level Provider (FNP/PA)
Date of Announcement: March 20, 2017
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
Salary: $96,328.12-$106,328.22/yr DOE
Hours: FULL TIME
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Mid Level Provider, under the direction of the Physician/Medical Director, performs health care services by performing appropriate diagnostic tests and implementing therapeutic treatment measures. This person works as an integral part of the clinical team, participates in clinic meetings, and serves on committees. The Mid Level Provider follows Standardized Procedures.
May perform the following over lapping functions with physicians:
1. Obtain health and medical histories on patients; perform physical examinations; order pertinent diagnostics and implement appropriate therapy according to scope of practice guidelines.
2. Collect, record, and interpret data according to the SOAP format; utilize EHR as applicable.
3. Issues, writes and/or transmits orders from the supervising physician to furnish dangerous drugs and/or devices to patients within their licensure.
4. Assess, consult, and refer patients to other departments and specialists when non-primary care issues arise in the treatment of patients.
5. Obtain supervising physician’s consultation when problems presented are outside the scope of practice, or when unfamiliar with a particular, or when unfamiliar with, a particular aspect of the patient’s care.
6. Communicate effectively with the patients while involved with their health care, including providing appropriate patient education while answering questions and in history taking. This includes monitoring and managing medical and emotional changes of clients with chronic disease.
7. Demonstrations competent knowledge in delivering health care to patients through peer review processes including chart review, by interactions with supervising physician and by working collaboratively with support staff and all staff of LIHC.
8. FNP/PA is responsible for maintaining current licenses to practice medicine. Copies are to be given to Human Resources.
9. May be required to drive in the course of performing responsibilities.
10. Contributes to the team effort by participating in the Susanville Indian Rancheria’s Facility wide program improvements, goals and standards.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Certificate of completion from an accredited nurse practitioner or physician assistants program.
a. Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse or certified as a Physician Assistant in the State of California.
b. Possession of a furnishing number from the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
3. Current CPR and BCLS.
4. Current DEA license.
5. Valid drivers license with no more than 5 MVR points and insurable as determined by the Susanville Indian Rancheria insurance provider.
Preference will be given to Native Americans (42 CFR 36.211).
Applications can be picked up and dropped off at the Susanville Indian Rancheria Human Resources Department/ Tribal Office located at 745 Joaquin Street Susanville, Ca. 96130.