Good evening everybody, here is a quick update on weather conditions, including a Winter Storm Warning that has been posted for our area.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning in effect from 6:00 am Monday to 11:00 am Tuesday above 5000 feet…
* Timing: early Monday morning through Tuesday morning.
* Snow accumulations: 5 to 10 inches with 8 to 16 inches above 6500 feet west of Highway 395… localized areas of up to 3 inches possible below 5000 feet.
* Winds: southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
* Snow levels: around 5500 feet falling to near 4500 feet.
* Impacts: heavy snow will create hazardous travel conditions Monday and Monday night for areas west of Highway 395… especially the Sierra passes.
Conditions can deteriorate rapidly during winter storms… slow down and allow extra time when traveling. Carry tire chains… food… water… blankets and a flashlight in your car in case of an emergency.